The Mental Side of Competition and Training Class
(A Mental Management® Class)
With Teah Anders, CPDT-KA, CNWI, Certified Mental Management® Instructor
Owner and Trainer, Gentle Touch Pet Training
How important is the mental game in dog training and competition?
Why do 5% of competitors do 95% of the winning?
What do they know that you may not?
The Mental Side of Competition and Training
Learn the concepts and techniques to achieve consistent top performance taught to Olympic teams around the world from Certified Mental Management® Instructor Teah Anders.
Imagine looking forward to competitions knowing that you have the knowledge and tools to mentally perform at your best, on demand. This knowledge and skill will enrich many other areas of your life giving you an understanding of how to deal with pressure and reduce anxiety.
In sports and most competitive events, 5% of competitors do 95% of the winning. You will learn what top competitors are doing to consistently perform at their best. You will also learn the proven Mental Management® System™ developed by Olympic Gold Medalist Lanny Bassham. This system can be used to mentally focus and perform under pressure.
While this knowledge and system can be used for any sport, performance or business application, in this class we will focus on how to apply the Mental Management® techniques to dog sports. With dog sports, mental management® is critical to consistent performance since dogs are so sensitive to the handler’s anxiety. Lack of mental consistency is one of the primary reasons dog competitors can be so successful in practice and not in competitions.
Discover the secrets used by top competitors to consistently perform at their best:
- How to prepare for a competition
- The importance of goals and a training program
- What to think about when competing
- What to think about after the competition
- How hard should you try when competing
- How to use “Pressure” to your advantage
- How not to sabotage yourself and self-destruct
- Understand the basic concepts of the Mental Performance
- Learn the proven Mental Management® System™ to focus and mentally performing under pressure
- How to define your Goals and create a Personal Training Program
You will also receive:
- The book “With Winning in Mind” by Lanny Bassham
- A high-quality and useful Performance Journal to track your training progress.
All class participants will receive a special discount on optional follow-up, one-on-one coaching either the following day or at a convenient time that fits your schedule.
|Class Cost:||$170 (The class is $145 for six classes and there is a $25 charge for class materials: The book "With Winning in Mind" and a high quality Performance Journal.)|
|Class Location:||All classes are held at Gentle Touch Pet Training's training center located at 1886 Deer Canyon Road, Arroyo Grande, CA.
Click for directions.
|THIS IS A PEOPLE-ONLY CLASS.|