Intermediate Clicker Class / CGC Class
This 6-week course is designed to help you continue more advanced clicker training techniques, fine-tune your dog’s existing behaviors and provide an opportunity for an AKC Canine Good Citizen (CGC) evaluation. Now that you and your dog understand the basics of operant conditioning and your dog has become “clicker wise,” the real fun begins! In this class we will:
- Learn additional skills (such as heel, finish, informal retrieve and go-outs)
- Work with “distraction” training
- Learn about shaping behaviors
- Learn about food delay and secondary reinforcers for getting more performance in the ring
- Just for fun learn more tricks (such as wave, spin, play dead, etc.)
- Review the 10 steps of the Canine Good Citizen Evaluation
- Provide a CGC evaluation (at no additional charge) at the last session of class. The CGC is now a title through the American Kennel Club.
Prerequisite: You and your dog must have graduated from either the private or group Elementary Clicker Training Course (or equivalent).
For more information about the Canine Good Citizen Program, a certification program that is designed to reward dogs who have good manners at home and in the community, refer to CGC under Events tab on the AKC website at www.AKC.org.
|Class Cost:||$145 for six one-hour classes. No additional fee for the AKC CGC evaluation.|
|Class Location:||All classes are held at Gentle Touch Pet Training's training center located at 1886 Deer Canyon Road, Arroyo Grande, CA.
Click for directions.
|Vaccines:||Dogs must be current on parvo, distemper (or have protective titers) and rabies shots.|
|Registration:||Class size is limited to 8 dogs to ensure personal attention.
Click on the preferred date below to register. Full payment is necessary to reserve class space.